Valentine's Day Crafts

Friday, June 19, 2009

A Royal Tea Party.

K had a friend to play today. They had a 'Royal Tea Party' in the garden.

They used my big basket to carry everything they needed for their tea party out to the lawn. Don't you love that basket?

They dressed up in grand hats and high heels. 

They picked flowers from the garden to decorate the tea table and they set out K's finest china. 

What a little lady...

Here are just some of the memorable things I heard two very proper 'royals' say today...

"You have too much stuff to carry, K, because you need to hold your flowers up to your chest like this."

* * *

"Would you like cream of matatar in your tea?'

* * * 

Josephine, do you need a parasol?'

***

Oh, the joys of being 5!
Blessings and magic.

14 comments:

Adrienne said...

What wonderful summer fun :)

Sara said...

What sweetness there was at that royal tea party. :)

Erin said...

This is exactly why I want a little girl! :)

Unknown said...

I love your new blog look. I'm so glad you let K use her best china. I never did in case it broke. It's been in a box for year now because the kids have flown.

Lisa said...

Ohhhhh, so sweet. Tea, flowers, pretty hats and a good friend make a lovely day. Wish my girls were there to join in the fun!

Lisa

Dairy Queen said...

aw! that is so cute!
i love how they are having corn on the cob and eggs with thier tea! :)

MamaWestWind said...

Oh, how fun! My son will have a picnic with me. But the fancy tea party is lost on him, I think. He'd rather roll in the mud!

Becca

dawn klinge said...

Very cute! You got some great photos of the little tea party, and I loved reading snippets of their conversation.

Kelly said...

What fun the two friends had! Hats and pretty dresses and flowers. Lovely.

Joy said...

How adorable! Love the fancy outfits and beautiful china. Of course, the basket is lovely too. :)

Anonymous said...

I *do* love the basket!
I also love that you sign "blessings and magic" lovely!!
What sweet little ones, I know a little 5 year old girl at my house that would have enjoyed that tea party!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, how very sweet. What a charming setting, and I love their conversations!!

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure why, but the first picture of the table reminds me of the table in A Princess Bride! :)

And the second picture is my favorite.

A glorious time.
Magic, indeed.

dottyspots said...

Wonderful pictures! My children had a teddy bear's picnic today, but it wasn't as posh as that ;0)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Etsy Shop