Valentine's Day Crafts

Monday, April 19, 2010

Home of the Apple Pie.


On a whim, we packed up the RV and set off on a camping weekend. We headed to Julian, the home of the apple pie...
Such a quaint little town, old fashioned and sleepy and filled with pie shop after pie shop filled with delicious pastries and steaming pies.
We had our fair share,
And then headed out into countryside to explore the spring beauty.
Luscious green hills dotted with oak trees.
And wild flowers galore...
And wild turkey nests with 11 gorgeously speckled turkey eggs...
*(footnote: I must remember the image of A Good Man stumbling across Mrs Turkey sitting on her nest - I honestly can't decide who got the biggest fright; my big strong husband or poor Mrs Turkey!)

We love camping and the family fun it brings. Coloring together...
Cooking on the fire together and telling stories in the light of the candle...
Playing together in the dirt...And even rolling in it too!
As one of my favorite sayings goes... A dirty child is a happy child. Judging by the color of my children's bath last night... they must have been VERY happy children indeed!

Blessings and magic.

12 comments:

MamaWestWind said...

Wow! How beautiful the setting! How amazing to find the wild turkey and eggs! Fun.

Anna said...

That sounds like a great trip!!! Now you have me craving pie.

Beth said...

That's amazing that you found a turkey nest! I love the picture of your son rolling in the dirt. That is so classic. I agree that a dirty child is a happy child! love, Beth

Tonya Gunn said...

Wow Donni,
How neat to find the turkey nest. We have many turkeys, but have yet to stumble upon a nest.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Ariella said...

That turkey nest is amazing! and i think I'll have some pie now :)

nacherluver said...

Looks like a faboo weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

Linda said...

Such a lovely trip Donni! That turkey nest is awesome!
Love
Linda

Jessica said...

Wow! That turkey nest is amazing!!! Looks like a wonderful time is being had by all (except Mrs. Turkey, of course).

Crooked Moon Mama said...

Oh how fun! Love the Turkey Nest shot. I can just see your hubby getting spooked. :)
xoxox

Ms Leaney said...

Yum!!! Apple pie. Wow. I need a holiday

x

Unknown said...

We were just there last weekend! I am still craving Mom's pie. Did not see a turkey nest!

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time camping. LOL at the thought of A good man & the turkey having a face off!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Etsy Shop