I am delighted to introduce Lisabeth, from Sparkle Stories. As a mom who has bought into the concept that most television is not worthy of our time, I am in love with this idea. Stories are so much part of a Waldorf way of life. They teach, they enchant, they nurture and to have a subscription of new stories for us to listen to together, as a family, is a magical idea. Welcome, Lisabeth. Thank you for introducing Sparkle Stories and for offering one lucky reader a free, 1 year subscription to your super stories. (Giveaway info is at end of this post)

Our description: Sparkle Stories is an audio story treasure chest for children ages 3 to 10. Our three original story lines are designed to entertain and inspire the whole family. Each week families can download new episodes from their favorite storylines, and for Sparkle Series Subscribers, additional games, songs, poetry and more stories in Saturday Sparkle. For the price of a single CD, subscribers receive over 5 hours of new content every month. www.sparklestories.com
Our story:
The idea for Sparkle came in a flash one day: I was reading the blog Soulemama -- and Amanda Soule was asking for story suggestions to share with her kids. It was one of those times for her -- like we all have -- when we're nearly desperate for something to entertain our kids for a bit so that we can have space. When you're cautions about media -- like a lot of families are now -- it can be tricky! And so I was reading the suggestions that were coming in -- and I had this flash. WE HAVE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.
When I say we, I mostly mean David. David can spin a story like no one I've ever met. You give him a few words-- like "a mouse, a traveling circus, and a missing ring" -- and he can weave the most amazing tale. He's a Waldorf teacher by training, and a performer at heart, and I've watched many a room-full of children and adults sit motionless while he shares that magic gift of his.
So my thought was this: if I could just capture what he does, and offer it up, what a business that would be! The idea wouldn't let me go. And so that's how Sparkle was started.
My part is that I'm a playwright by training, and a natural editor. So he spins, and I tailor it to make it ready for audio recording. We record here at home -- sometimes the kids join us as well in the recording (in Saturday Sparkle)!
The stories often come from our own lives -- like things we're experiencing in our home, or ideas our kids are asking for -- or questions we're hearing come up in our own community. Sometimes readers write and ask for a story about a certain theme or challenge - and we enjoy taking that up too!
Of all the stories in the series, Martin & Sylvia stories are most closely related to -- and inspired by - our own lives.



This is the stream in our yard that inspires the stream in Martin and Sylvia's yard -- a place where the kids play endlessly and find their own magic. Martin & Sylvia stories are constantly delightful for us -- as the stories flow, we find idea for our own lives and answers to our own questions! (Like -- how to inspire kids to help us clean, or how to meet "boredom" on a rainy day.)
We mostly offer stories by subscription -- each Friday new stories are delivered to each subscriber's Story Box, where they can download and enjoy. We have stories about fairy magic in So Many Fairies, animal adventures in Junkyard Tales, as well as tales of the day to day explorations of the favorite Martin & Sylvia. And then there's Saturday Sparkle -- which contains part original work, and part classic tales songs and verses from all over the world. You can read about them all here: http://www.sparklestories.com/stories/
We have a big vision for the business: we would love to be a platform for alternative media for families, a place parents can go to find audio material that they love and trust. AND parents can know that the material will not only be entertaining but also inspiring and nurturing.
GIVEAWAY: one year of the Sparkle Stories subscription (a $150 value). This includes fresh stories from our 4 story lines every Friday!
PLUS DISCOUNT for Magic Onions Readers --: enjoy the first month of Sparkle Stories subscription for $1! We want everyone to have a chance to try our story series, including Saturday Sparkle. Enter gift certificate code F4087 on the Subscribe page of our site.
You are amazing, Lisabeth... I know of so many families who are going to seriously enjoy your gifts. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us... what super cute boys you have.
Dear Readers... Giveaway time. Lisabeth has offered to give away a FREE 1 years subscription to Sparkle Stories to one lucky family. Wow!
To enter, simply leave your comment at the end of this post.
You can enter multiple times by also:
1. blogging, Facebooking or tweeting about this giveaway (if you do all three, give yourself three extra entries).
2. 'liking' the Sparkle Stories Facebook page.
3. 'liking' The Magic Onions Facebook page.
4. 'friending' The Magic Onions on Facebook.
Be sure to add a new comment for each of your additional entries.
Good luck to all,
And a huge THANK YOU to Lisabeth of Sparkle Stories,
Blessings and magic,
Donni
This Giveaway is now closed... the winner is Our Lovely Mess - congrats!!!!
:::

Our description: Sparkle Stories is an audio story treasure chest for children ages 3 to 10. Our three original story lines are designed to entertain and inspire the whole family. Each week families can download new episodes from their favorite storylines, and for Sparkle Series Subscribers, additional games, songs, poetry and more stories in Saturday Sparkle. For the price of a single CD, subscribers receive over 5 hours of new content every month. www.sparklestories.com
Our story:
The idea for Sparkle came in a flash one day: I was reading the blog Soulemama -- and Amanda Soule was asking for story suggestions to share with her kids. It was one of those times for her -- like we all have -- when we're nearly desperate for something to entertain our kids for a bit so that we can have space. When you're cautions about media -- like a lot of families are now -- it can be tricky! And so I was reading the suggestions that were coming in -- and I had this flash. WE HAVE WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR.
When I say we, I mostly mean David. David can spin a story like no one I've ever met. You give him a few words-- like "a mouse, a traveling circus, and a missing ring" -- and he can weave the most amazing tale. He's a Waldorf teacher by training, and a performer at heart, and I've watched many a room-full of children and adults sit motionless while he shares that magic gift of his.
So my thought was this: if I could just capture what he does, and offer it up, what a business that would be! The idea wouldn't let me go. And so that's how Sparkle was started.
My part is that I'm a playwright by training, and a natural editor. So he spins, and I tailor it to make it ready for audio recording. We record here at home -- sometimes the kids join us as well in the recording (in Saturday Sparkle)!
The stories often come from our own lives -- like things we're experiencing in our home, or ideas our kids are asking for -- or questions we're hearing come up in our own community. Sometimes readers write and ask for a story about a certain theme or challenge - and we enjoy taking that up too!
Of all the stories in the series, Martin & Sylvia stories are most closely related to -- and inspired by - our own lives.



This is the stream in our yard that inspires the stream in Martin and Sylvia's yard -- a place where the kids play endlessly and find their own magic. Martin & Sylvia stories are constantly delightful for us -- as the stories flow, we find idea for our own lives and answers to our own questions! (Like -- how to inspire kids to help us clean, or how to meet "boredom" on a rainy day.)
We mostly offer stories by subscription -- each Friday new stories are delivered to each subscriber's Story Box, where they can download and enjoy. We have stories about fairy magic in So Many Fairies, animal adventures in Junkyard Tales, as well as tales of the day to day explorations of the favorite Martin & Sylvia. And then there's Saturday Sparkle -- which contains part original work, and part classic tales songs and verses from all over the world. You can read about them all here: http://www.sparklestories.com/stories/
We have a big vision for the business: we would love to be a platform for alternative media for families, a place parents can go to find audio material that they love and trust. AND parents can know that the material will not only be entertaining but also inspiring and nurturing.
GIVEAWAY: one year of the Sparkle Stories subscription (a $150 value). This includes fresh stories from our 4 story lines every Friday!
PLUS DISCOUNT for Magic Onions Readers --: enjoy the first month of Sparkle Stories subscription for $1! We want everyone to have a chance to try our story series, including Saturday Sparkle. Enter gift certificate code F4087 on the Subscribe page of our site.
:::
You are amazing, Lisabeth... I know of so many families who are going to seriously enjoy your gifts. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us... what super cute boys you have.
Dear Readers... Giveaway time. Lisabeth has offered to give away a FREE 1 years subscription to Sparkle Stories to one lucky family. Wow!
To enter, simply leave your comment at the end of this post.
You can enter multiple times by also:
1. blogging, Facebooking or tweeting about this giveaway (if you do all three, give yourself three extra entries).
2. 'liking' the Sparkle Stories Facebook page.
3. 'liking' The Magic Onions Facebook page.
4. 'friending' The Magic Onions on Facebook.
Be sure to add a new comment for each of your additional entries.
Good luck to all,
And a huge THANK YOU to Lisabeth of Sparkle Stories,
Blessings and magic,
Donni
This Giveaway is now closed... the winner is Our Lovely Mess - congrats!!!!
85 comments:
thank you sparkles! i like you on fb!
like magic onions on fb too!
What a fantastic idea!
Liked magic onions on FB as well
As well as Sparkle Stories on FB
Sounds like a delightful giveaway.
I like you on facebook too.
And I liked Sparkle Stories on facebook.
oh we'd love to win a subscription!
Liked Magic Onions Page!
Liked Sparkle Stories page!
I would love to win this giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity!
i "liked" Magic Onions on fb
i "liked" Sparkle Stories on fb
I posted the link on my fb page
I also shared it on my blog
Tweeted it too :)
I'm excited about this giveaway!
I've heard some great things about Sparkle Stories. (:
Thank you for offering this- what a grand idea!!
What fun!!
Awww, what a nice giveaway!
what a great idea! thanks for the giveaway!
Oh we love their stories! just the best!
also liked sparkle stories on face book!
also liked magic onions on facebook!
oh this sounds great - just perfect for those rainy days!
liked sparkle stories on fb!
liked magic onions on fb!
I can't wait to try Sparkle Stories.
Kathi
hippiefairyloveratyahoodotcom
I Like Sparkle Stories on Facebook.
Kathi Weiss
hippiefairyloveratyahoodotcom
I Like Magic Onions on Facebook.
Kathi Weiss
hippiefairyloveratyahoodotcom
would love to win
sounds lovely.
i like magic onions on fb!
and, now i like sparkle stories!
We love stories. I'd love to win.
This sounds like a fabulous idea. There is always room for a few more stories in our lives. Sometimes we can find them in our hearts and heads already, but sometimes we need them whispered in our ears from elsewhere...and our mummies and daddies don't always have the time to whisper stories and make dinner!
'like' you SS now and already 'like' MO on that scary ol' FB. Please think kindly of us and our busy household when picking a winner ;)
great post, and i loved seeing the inspiration behind martin and sylvia. now that sparkle gift certificates are available, i think they'd make great eco-friendly birthday gifts!
liking and friending on the FB...
blogging about here....
http://educatedforlove.blogspot.com
Stories offer such a profound influence for the wee ones. I can't think of a more wonderful way to capture their hearts and touch their souls.
Lindsey
Love this! I shared it on my Facebook.
And I now like the Sparkle Stories Facebook page!
And I am liking The Magic Onions Facebook page!
And I can't figure out how to
friend The Magic Onions on Facebook, so this is just my regular old comment. :) Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!
This is a generous giveaway. My daughter would love these darling stories.
I'm a fan of "Sparkle Stories" on facebook.
I'm a fan of Magic Onions on facebook. I'm confused about the difference between "liking" and "friending" the page, though.
how amazing! thanks for sharing!!
i like the magic onions on FB :)
Oh this is a fabulous idea. My girls love new stories. =)
We are already "friends" on facebook.
Danga Rach
We just downloaded a Bundle of stories from Sparkle and LOVE them! A whole year would be such a delight! And if I don't win I might have to ask one of the grandparents to give the kids a subscription for their bdays :)
I Liked Sparkle Stories on FB!
I like Magic Onion on FB too!
love this company. we love a good audio story on night when mommy and daddy are just too fried to read.
I also liked Sparkle SToris on FB
Just blogged about the giveaway.
http://thetobyshow.typepad.com/the_toby_show/2011/05/sparkle-storis-giveaway.html
Liked Magic Onions of FB, too!
What a great idea! And what a talent to share!
I like the Magic Onions on FB! :)
Like Sparkle Stories on FB now too!
Tweeted the giveaway! I'm iheart13point1. thanks for introducing sparkle stories to us!
Wow! Cant wait to try out a month!
WOW! Sounds awesome!
Becca
I'm a fan of Magic Onions on FB!
I like Sparkle Stories on FB!
This sounds wonderful. thank you for the chance to enter, we will definitely be checking these out!
I liked Sparkle Stories on FB!
I like the Magic Onions FB page!
sicne i already like you on facebook, i guess i'll just have to tell you how much i enjoy discovering waldorf through you and my waldorf inspired friends.
SO excited to try this. Story telling is truly an art, and I need some inspiration.
Liked the Magic Onions page on FB!
And, I liked Sparkle Stories on FB...and my fingers are crossed. :)
ah yes, forgot to say i liked the magic onions on the fb as well :)
Of course I am more than happy to share this generous giveaway with my facebook friends!
~Aleta ღ
I'm surprised I haven't 'liked' you before now...Although I am curious as to how to 'friend' your fb page?
~Aleta ღ
I'm glad to know about Sparkle Stories too (Liked!). We tell our own created stories to the boys too, each night before bedtime. However, often they ask for a story during the day, usually when we're a little too busy (hence requesting attention I'm sure!). So I can imagine Sparkle Stories would be very appropriate at these times.
Thanks again for this opportunity.
~Aleta ღ
what an awesome idea! Sounds like something I would be just as interested as my kido would be!
Sounds great! Thanks for the chance to win!
Fabulous giveaway! So excited for a chance to win!
Became a follower of Sparkle Stories :)
*sparkle* became a follower of The Magic Onions, too!
We are now Sparkle Stories and The Magic Onions followers!
done all 3! so excited *fingers crossed* :)
Post a Comment