Introducing the Fairy Garden Competition - 2011!
PLEASE NOTE : This contest is now closed! Please enter your fairy garden in the Fairy Garden Contest - 2012 - thanks.Yesterday, I wrote about the magic we share as a family with our annual tradition of making a fairy garden. Each year (this is the third) The Magic Onions hosts an annual fairy garden competition with fantastic prizes up for grabs.
I encourage you to help spread the word of this magical competition by adding the above button to your own blogs... (how? - save the above 'Fairy Garden Competition" button to your desktop and then add it to your blog as a picture gadget linking to this code in the HTML box of the gadget...
http://themagiconions.blogspot.com/2011/07/fairy-garden-competion-2011.html)
I have yet to finalize the fabulous prizes that are up for grabs but let me tell you, we have some pretty fantastic goodies for the lucky winners. BUT, the biggest prize that EVERYONE who enters will win is the magic of making and then enjoying their own fairy garden. Everyone can enter, big children, little children, adults who are children at heart... all fairy gardens are welcome.
To enter: write a post about your fairy garden on your own blog. Include a link to this post on your blog so that you can spread the word about the competition and inspire others to join in the magic that is a fairy garden. I would also love it if you added the above 'Fairy Garden Competition - 2011' button to the sidebar of your blog (how? - save the above 'Fairy Garden Competition" button to your desktop and then add it to your blog as a picture gadget linking to this code in the HTML box of the gadget...
http://themagiconions.blogspot.com/2011/07/fairy-garden-competion-2011.html)
Then, add the link to your fairy garden in the Mr Linky form below... Voila! You are entered.
If you don't have a blog, email photos of your garden to me... vined (at) ymail (dot) com and I'll enter you on the list.
Please help to spread the word about this fun competition by blogging, facebooking, tweeting and sharing by any other means.
Each week, I'll be posting entries on The Magic Onions.
The super prizes are still to be announced!
Here is a link to see our Fairy Gardens.
Good luck,
Happy Fairy Gardening!
Blessings and magic,
Donni
Winners have been announced... Click here to see photos of the winning gardens :-)

44 comments:
I am SO excited for this competition. I just made my first fairy garden for my friends little girls birthday and it was such a wonderful experience! I can't wait to see everyones magic :)
Jessie from www.playcreateexplore.com
Thanks so much for the long time before the competition closes. We would love to play along this year, but are off on hols for 2 weeks. Thankfully we should have plenty of time when we get back to make and enter our fairy garden.
Thank you for this competition and the opportunity to gather and see what others have created. I enjoy your blog very much.
This was such extraordinary fun last year. Our garden kept morphing and morphing into wherever my toddler's desires and impulses were headed. Off to pass on the word to everyone.
Felicity
May I submit the garden we made for the equinox this year or are you looking for very recent projects? Love this idea. Oh the magic!
Thank you so much for your wonderful site! It is such an inspiration! We had so much fun making our fairy gardens, they are a work in progress, but I posted my link! Hope you like!
We have loved creating and playing in our fairy garden, thank you for the inspiration to do this!
After my daughter fell in love with fairies not long ago, my husband and I decided to add some magic in her life. We built our first fairy garden and haven't been able to drag her away from it since. ^_^ So of course we did what any responsible parents would do: we built another! lol.
I actually just created an entire fairy garden section on my blog today, and stumbled across your competition this evening. I wasn't sure which fairy garden to enter, so I entered them all at the same time. Feel free to choose your favorite. =]
Thank you again for hosting such a wonderful competition!!
~Nicole @ www.shabbybeachnest.com
This is my first try at this! Very addictive - this fairy stuff! I linked up but had trouble adding it to my sidebar! I did add it into my blog post!
Thank you for hosting such a fun event!
I had collected baskets & suitcases early in the year with these gardens in mind. Lovely to see yours, absolutely fabulous. I've linked mine to here and will try to figure out how to link back from mine to you. My children are 5 & 3 & had a ball making these gardens. Thanks for hosting a competition, it's great to see so many little gardens everywhere.
Oops, sorry, I tried to change my entry title to miniature world gardens but accidentally added another link. Can you remove number 21? I'm new at this blogging lark... Have put a link to this page at the end of my blog post but can't figure out how to add the sidebar thingo. Sorry! Jo.
What an absolutely wonderful contest! I am already on my second Fairy Garden of the season which will include a small boxwood as a tree. Thank you for hosting this fun competition. It's been a lot of fun seeing all of the creativity from other readers!
I did some quickly today, but want to play around with them more and get my 2.5 year old involved. Thank you for such a fun contest!
I had so much fun this spring creating fairy houses for the gardens out of dollar store bird houses. Hope you like them too!
Dannyelle
My blog is in Finnish, but just look at the pictures.
I have been wanting to do this with my girls since I saw your contest come up. We finally had a day to do it and we had so much fun. K whose 4 had to run outside and check it before bed to make sure it was perfect for the fairies. Thanks so much for the memories we made today.
Thanks for the inspiration. This became part of our "Very Fairy Princess" day.
Can upside down people enter? As in New Zealand - or anywhere overseas from you, really :)
We do plan to make a fairy garden this year, but it won't look that colourful by 31st Aug.. still winter here. That said.. hmm.. winter wonderland gardens... oooooh...
What a great idea! I can't wait to check everyone's entries out.
My son (4 yo) and I made a fairygarden a little while ago. Every morning he rushes down the stairs to see if any fairy is still sitting on the large pebble benche, with his/her feet on the table......... The little sign in front says Welcome (in Dutch: welkom)
Love,
Miriam
Thank you for sharing the love of gardens and fairies and creativity.
I love making little faces smile with the thoughts that Fairies will be a part of their garden this summer. Sharing with nieces was the best part that made an ordinary day a special one. K Hughes.
Hazel loved creating and playing with this. She is 2.5 years old and loved picking things out for it and putting it together.
Hi! We love your blog! Thank you especially for all the fairy garden inspiration!
I am a 20-year old girl, in my 3rd year of college, and I am proud to say I spent my Friday evening revisiting my childhood and making a fairy house! Thank you for the wonderful idea! I have enjoyed seeing everyone's fairy gardens, take a look at mine if you so desire!
Sarah ~ http://sarahdesiderata.blogspot.com/
Well, my daughter and I were working on our third fairy garden when she told me she wanted to make the three little pigs' houses for it instead. Thank you for providing us with several weeks of creative play ideas! I posted our first pictures of the houses on my blog here: http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/08/three-little-pigs.html and will continue to update it as we progress through the project.
This is a great idea! I just love fairy gardens and just completed my first one. it's so much fun. Thanks! Sharon
Wow, there are so many neat fairy gardens (yes, I looked at each one!). I would not want to have to decide which one is the best - they're all so creativ! I think I'll be dreaming about fairy gardens tonight... maybe, just maybe, I'll have to give one a try.
Thank you Donni for your amazing blog. You have inspired me so much that I finally started my own :)
We had a BLAST making the fairy garden and Rebekah was the designer. She thought out everything very carefully and made a sparkly fairy house for a sparkly fairy!!!
I enjoy your blog and everything you share! I am totally excited to share my fairy garden with you and your readers! I also shared it on my Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000499202662
Thank you so much for your inspiration. My girls and I have had a wonderful day today making our fairy garden and my youngest, Ella, wants to make another one tomorrow! :) xx
Every time we finish one, Hazel wants to make another. This one we tried to make something she can play with and change for the seasons. Thank you for the inspiration!
I've wanted to do this for a long time, thank you for getting us going. We made fairy gardens as part of our weekly art playgroup, so there are quite a few to see! We had so much fun!
Excitement is an understatement! I JUST got into the whole "fairy garden world" and already, I've fallen in love! I've only created to two gardens so far...more to come...check out my blog!
What an inspiring bunch of fairy houses created here!! Thanks for helping us to gather them all!!
Thank you for this we have had a good time seeing all the creations, thank you for this fun competition.
Kim Hughes
I loved this fairy garden competition. Thanks for inspiring us. With this everyone is a winner!
Thank you for gving us the kick we needed to do the fairy garden we have talked about. So much fun!
We had so much fun making our faerie garden and may have put it off if it weren't for the contest. So thank you for the inspiration and the motivation. Your blog is always a joy to read. One of my favorites. Bless you!
Such an enchanting world of the little winged ones, our fairy garden has brought enormous joy over the last seven years.
I was too late and disorganised to get my photos on my blog in time to enter (even with the extension). But thank you so much for giving me the inspiration to make a fairy garden. My son and I had so much fun with this and now he has a lovely little place to play. And I have spent way too much time looking at all the other lovely entries.
Where can I find the winner of The Fairy Garden Contest?
The dude is completely just, and there is no skepticism.
I would love to see a Pinterest page of fairy garden entrants and winners so we can browse the photos in addition to clicking the links you provide! xx Bug
Post a Comment