I'm super excited to share one of my Magic Sponsors with you today...
The truth be told, I have poured over this gorgeous shop for hours. Their handmade wooden toys are simply beautiful. Simply BEAUTIFUL! Have a look for yourself...
About Us:
:::
To enter, simply let us know what you love about Armadillo Dreams toys in the comment section of this post.
You can earn 5 extra entries by...
1. 'like' Armadillo Dreams on Facebook - http://facebook.com/armadillodreams
2. 'Favorite' Armadillo Dreams on Etsy - http://armadillodreams.etsy.com
3. Blog about this Giveaway so that others can learn about it too.
4. Tweet about this Giveaway
5. Pin this Giveaway.
Be sure to come back and leave a comment for each additional entry.
This Giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere - except me :(
The Magic Winner will be announced on Sunday, May 20.
Good luck, my Friends, and remember to support Armadillo Dreams when you can.
The truth be told, I have poured over this gorgeous shop for hours. Their handmade wooden toys are simply beautiful. Simply BEAUTIFUL! Have a look for yourself...
These are gorgeous heirloom toys, aren't they! And, I'm even more excited to tell you that Armadillo Dreams is offering one lucky reader of this article a $50 spending spree in their shop... $50 to spend on whatever your little ones desire! Yay! Giveaway details are at the end of this post.
To learn a little more about the family behind this amazing toy shop, I've asked the dad, Dustin, to tell us a little about themselves...
:::
Hi Magic Onion
readers! My name is Dustin. I own/run Armadillo Dreams with my wife
Amanda. I have lived in Central Oregon most of my life. I met Amanda
during sophomore year in high school. After graduation we moved to
Portland, Oregon for about 3 years and then moved back. We got married
in 2004, had our daughter Lucy in 2007 and had our son Lincoln in 2010.
We love Central Oregon for the warm and sunny
summers and because we get to experience each season here. We enjoy
being outdoors as much as possible. Central Oregon is known for having
an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities. You can do just about
any outdoor sport/activity imaginable within about an hour drive from
home. We have mountains, forest, desert, lakes and rivers all very close
by. And the beach is only a 3-4 hour drive away! Central Oregon is an
awesome place to raise a family.
About Armadillo Dreams:
Armadillo
Dreams makes high quality handmade wooden toys. We make animals,
figures, baby toys, pull toys, fantasy themed toys and other fun things!
Some toys are painted, while others remain natural. Everything we sell
is made from natural materials, is friendly for little hands and is
handmade with love! We believe it's important for children to have high
quality, natural, simple toys that they can dream, imagine and play
with.
Our story:
Armadillo Dreams
started in late 2010. We started the shop after I discovered a passion
for woodworking. I completed a backyard chicken coop/run (we have 18
chickens currently) in the summer and was looking for new woodworking
projects. We always wanted more wooden toys for our children, but didn’t
have a lot of money. Amanda had already been selling on Etsy for about 5
years with her shop (Wild Plums: http://wildplums.etsy.com). We combined Amanda’s artistic skills and knowledge of Etsy with my passion for woodworking and Armadillo Dreams was born.
The shop started small selling only toys that were
already made. I think we had 30-40 natural wooden toys in the shop
maximum at any given time for about the first 6 months. We didn’t start
making painted toys for about 4 or 5 months because we wanted to perfect
our painting skills/methods. We wanted the paint to still show the wood
grain underneath so that people could still appreciate the wood. We
also wanted to create a painting process that would make it extremely
difficult for the paint to wear off under play from children of all
ages. Once we had painting down and started releasing painted toys,
things really started taking off. It was also around that same time that
we switched to having everything in the shop “made to order” (orders
are usually made & shipped within 5-7 days), versus trying to keep a
large inventory around. This allowed us to really concentrate efforts
on expanding our catalog. Currently we are up to about 175 toys/sets.
No matter how big Armadillo Dreams gets we plan to
keep operations small and home based. My woodshop is in our backyard (a
large converted shed). We also have a two car garage that was remodeled
into a family room that serves as an indoor work area. A lot of work
also takes place on our dining room table. We like it that way.
Our future plans:
We are currently in the process of setting up http://armadillodreams.com
with our own full shop and blog, plus some other fun things we are
going to do on the website. We will be spending most of the summer and
fall promoting it before the holiday season hits. We are also going to
be working on getting our catalog up to about 225-250 items by the
holidays. Our primary goal for 2012 is to make Armadillo Dreams capable
of supporting our family financially on its own.
Giveaway:
We are giving away a $50 shopping spree in our shop to one lucky reader.
Links:
Website / Blog (coming soon): http://armadillodreams.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/armadillodreams
Twitter: http://twitter.com/armadillodreams
Amanda’s other shops:
:::
Thank you, Dustin... it's so nice getting to know the people behind the scenes of our favorite online places and I'm honored to be able to share your creativity with my Magic Friends :-) I have made a personal commitment to support small businesses whenever I can and I know there are so many who join me in congratulating you and your family on your beautiful shop.
:::
Now for the Giveaway... as Dustin said above, one lucky reader will win a $50 spending spree in Armadillo Dreams!!
This Giveaway has been won by the Mama over at 'Growing Like Weeds'. Congrats!!
This Giveaway has been won by the Mama over at 'Growing Like Weeds'. Congrats!!
Good luck, my Friends, and remember to support Armadillo Dreams when you can.
Blessings and magic,
Donni












187 comments:
I love Armidillo Dreams toys so it's nice to hear your story! I love he quirky toys- the little alien with a spaceship :). I wish you tons of success! Thank you!
Wow, what beautifully crafted toys. I love the fact that they are made on your kitchen table.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful toys with us. My daughter is already in love with the unicorns and mermaids.
Liked on Facebook!!
I love how sweet and simple they are. So much room for imagination with these beauties! (:
Thanks for the chance.
I like the toys they have to offer, everything you need; unicorns, mermaids, dragons & fairies.
liked on facebook
added to etsy favorites. (would have even if there was no contest)
I love how whimsical these pieces are and the beautiful colors as well. Scrolling through their products in their shop is like eye candy! Would def. make great gifts for baby showers and little ones birthdays :)
I liked Armadillo Dreams on facebook. :)
I like/favorite Armadillo Dreams on etsy :)
I pinned this giveaway to spread the giveaway love and to remember about this awesome shop for when I need a baby shower/little one gift :)
oh my, these are wonderful...my daughters 4th birthday is coming shortly and any of those toys would be magical!
These toys are so magical and full of color. Perfect toys to get a childs Imagination going. Simply wondeful toys. My little one thought they were so neat. She fell in love with the worm toy.
I also liked on facebook!
Great to get to know your story Dustin & Amanda! Love your toys!
Liked them on FB.
Favorited on Etsy
Pinned this giveaway in my Wooden Toy board. http://pinterest.com/getclucky/wooden-natural-toys/
Thank you!
Beautiful toys! I love the animals (of course!) The circus is really awesome too. So simple and sweet.
Awesome giveaway! Love to read their story!
Becca
I've liked on FB & shared it on fb.
They are a fav on etsy!
I've tweeted!
Armadillo dreams' toys are gorgeous! My favorite thing has to be the quality of the finished toys... Never a rough spot, always smooth and wonderful and a joy to hold. I have ordered several times and will continue to do so.
I like them on Facebook
They're in my etsy favorites!
Everything is so beautiful! But one of my favorites is the Peter Pan set.
liked on facebook!
liked on facebook!
added to my favorites on etsy
ladybirdboutique
pinned the giveaway
These are more than toys they are art! Absolutely beautiful!! These are toys I wouldn't mind laying around the house :)
Liked them on Facebook!! I'm excited to share them with my friends!
Favorites on etsy!!
I pinned the circus on pinterest because it's just too cute!!
The Peter Pan set is perfect--we're in the middle of listening to Jim Dale's reading of the book!
lkat80@gmail.com
"Like" Armadillo Dreams on Facebook (Chris 'n Kate Barr)
lkat80@gmail.com
Added Armadillo Dreams to my Favorites on Etsy (JustLikeNone)
lkat80@gmail.com
Tweeted about the giveaway!
Oh my goodness, my rainbow obsession is going into overdrive with these toys. I want them for MYSELF not just my son!
I love the unusual toys - you've clearly thought about what little kids like.
Fiona
fjkelly6 at gmail.com
Liked on fb already
Fiona
fjkelly6 at gmail.com
Pinned on Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/pin/73816881362769357/
What can I say, we want these toys! Favorited on Etsy...not sure how to link to that! We don't do FB or Twitter, bummer!
I love that the giveaway is open to everyone (even those of us in far off places).
But what I love most about the toys is that there are BLUE fariy and unicorn sets.
BLUE!
I have an amazing 5 year old little girls who loves all things blue and as she gets older it gets harder and harder to find blue 'girly' stuff. And she is starting to notice, which breaks my heart.
So I love the use of 'non traditional' colours on the toys.
Made armadillo dreams a favourite on etsy
Fiona
fjkelly6 at gmail.com
Beautiful toys! Thank you for the giveaway!
I added them to favorites on Etsy, but actually becasue I am seriously thinking of ordering some blue fairies, just becasue :-)
My daughters would love to win Armadillo toys! Thank you for the great giveaway, Justin!
They are beautiful... and made with LOVE. It shows. That's my favourite thing about Armadillo Dreams toys.
I like Armadillo Dreams on Facebook
Armadillo Dreams toys look amazing, I love the colors and beautiful simple designs. Wonderful Giveaway!
I have Liked Armadillo Dreams on Facebook. :)
I have added Armadillo Dreams to my Etsy Favorites. :)
I have "Pinned" this giveaway on Pinterest. I look forward to checking out all the beautiful toys!
Armadillo Dreams Toys are so beautifully made. I love the colors they use. While I was perusing the shop, Lola (5) walked in and started pointing out what she would like. We decided she wanted everything. Except mermaid boys, sorry.
Thank you!
I like Armadillo Dreams on FB (as Dutch Girl Originals).
Armadillo Dreams is favorite of Dutch Girl Originals on Etsy!
I love how the watercolors make the toys bright and soft at the same time. lovely stuff! nancywalters44@hotmail.com
I love the natural wood and simple, yet beautiful designs!
Mermaids, but everything is yummm!
Armadillo Dreams seems like an amazing adventure. I love the hand painted beautiful handmade wooden toys. such treasures. the animals are just wonderful.
Favorite on etsy!
and on Face book
pinned: http://pinterest.com/pin/126030489542575566/
tweeted:
@JessysBlessings
awesome giveaway. awesome toys. http://themagiconions.blogspot.com/2012/05/magic-sponsor-giveaway-armadillo-dreams.html#
Thank you for introducing me to this magical shop! I'm in love! When my 3 year old daughter was 2, she invented a game where she would ask "what does the pink dragon say?" and then made up a different answer for many different colors of dragons (in case you're wondering, pink is nice, purple is ferocious!). That dragon family has to find its way into our home--it's like her little 2 year old dream, embodied!
Of course I HAD to add Armadillo Dreams to my Etsy favorites!
And I pinned it too! My children's board is so pretty now! Thank you!
I love the teething rings and the building blocks that are still colourful and allowing the wood grain show through. Beautiful toys : )
I love Armadillo Dreams, it's my go to place for birthday gifts.
I love Armadillo Dreams toys. They are made for such creative play.
I faved them on Etsy.
I like Armdillo Dreams on Facebook.
I made Armadillo Dreams a favorite on Esty.
I pinned this giveaway on Pinterest.
I shared this on my blog's FB page and will go blog about it now.
I've admired this shop for quite a while, so it was lovely to learn a bit more about them. Thanks you!
I really like the colors. They look magical and my kids really like the smooth wood.
Their toys are wonderful! So sweet and I love the soft colors. Thanks for the chance!
I like them on facebook.
I've favorited them on etsy.
I liked Armadillo Dreams on Facebook
I love reading your story. What touched me was that you'd like to keep your operation small and homebased. I am proud of you for providing such quality family service!
I am in love with Armadillio Dreams. I was not familiar with the shop until now and OMG, I want everrything in it! I love that the shop has everyting from animals, to pirates, fairies and mermaids, to Harry Potter. Adorable!
I love that this is a husband and wife team company! And now neat that he discovered his passion for wood after building his chicken coop. My husband felt the same way. I think my favorite toys of theirs is the peter pan set right now :)
I like them on facebook (Nicole Justice Kleemann)
I favorited them on ETSY (nicolekleemann1)
I tweeted this giveaway too! (@dotingondeirdre)
Liked AD on FB under Jessica Lowndes
Favorited AD on Etsy under Moxie and Mischief
I really like that the toys are made from natural, sustainable wood. There is far too much plastic in the world!
I like the materials you are using and I love the fairy and gnomes themes of your toys.
I 'like' Armadillo Dreams on Facebook as Tanya Rubezhov.
Armadillo Dreams is my 'Favorite' shop on Etsy (I'm Tasik9)
I jut blogged about this giveaway.
http://tasik77.livejournal.com/36905.html
I love this company. I already have a set of their bees and hive :) My daughter Ocean would LOVE a shopping spree on there Etsy!
I also liked them on FB!
I love that these toys are unique and I know that they are safe for my children. Something that is very hard to find these days.
I also like Armadillo dreams on facebook. :)
I have Armadillo dreams favorited on Etsy.
I love how these toys are natural and wooden and cute!
I liked Armadillo dreams on fb :)
Favorited on etsy :)
like on fb
favorited on etsy
blogged it
www.ourlovelymess.com
tweeted it
pinned it :)
awesome giveaway! i love their stuff!!!
Thank you for the opportunity! Our kids attend a Waldorf school and enjoy wooden toys. We are *almost* done ridding the house of plastic toys. Your wooden creations are so beautiful and natural looking. It was a joy to read more about the process and your family. Thank you!
"Liked" on Facebook
Favorited on Etsy
I've never seen their toys before, only online. Their colors are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.
These toys are beautiful! Especially love how colorful they are!
Favorited Armadillo Dreams on Etsy! (slaggyc)
Liked Armadillo Dreams on facebook (chelsey s.m.)
These toys are beautiful! I love that you can still see the wood grain through the paint.
Their toys are so natural and beautiful!
I really like the natural-ness of the wood! Thanks for the opportunity!
liked on facebook!
liked on etsy! :)
I love the pleasant water colored paint used. Very pleasing to the eyes.
I like Amarmidillo Dreams on FB.
I love how the wood grain shows through the lovely paint colors--good for them for working till they got the technique just right!
I like AD on FB.
I love the animals ( deer family, fox, ducks, owl,) for my almost 2 yo and the whale push toy for our younger son. :)
I like armadillo dreams on FB already.
I love how dreamy the colors are! Seriously beautiful workmanship.
soluckyducky at gmail dot com
I liked Armadillo Dreams on FB as sarah linette
soluckyducky at gmail dot com
I love the pull toys! They are so cute!
Made the shop a favorite on Etsy as magpiedpiper
soluckyducky at gmail dot com
I love the simplicity of their designs.
I "like" AD on FB.
I love the colors and how simple they are. I would love to play with myself !
I have favorited AD on Etsy.
Lastly I have pinned this giveaway.
I love hearing the background story.
Armadillo Dream Toys seems like a great family business. I am always looking for new sources of wooden toys. Thanks for sharing!
oh my, i love the fairy and unicorn, and THE DRAGONS! my little fella would love those dragons!
It's so nice to hear how the shop operates behind the scenes. I like how you can purchase a "set" of toys rather than having to buy each piece individually.
~ joey ~
what sweet toys! i especially love the little trees!
I love these toys because they are flat out beautiful!
Super cute stuff!
Liked on Facebook
These are beautiful toys! I love how simple, yet magical they are!
I like Armadillo Dreams on fb
I added them to my Etsy favorites
I love how the toys are natural, wooden, and absolutely beautiful. I also love how my girls would be absolutely over the moon about the set of mermaids!
I added Armadillo Dreams as a "favorite" on Etsy!
What I love about these toys is that they remind me of my childhood when there were no iPhones and iPads etc. So romantic and wholesome.
I favourited Armadillo Dreams on Etsy.
I love the wooden animals, especially the wooden kitten toy
Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net
I like Armadillo Dreams on Facebook (Carolsue Anderson)
Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net
I added Armadillo Dreams as a "favorite" on Etsy! (cezovski)
Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net
Such a sweet giveaway! We love Armadillo Dreams...We love everything about them...all the natural wooden toys, how friendly they are, and how professional their shop looks.
Thank you for the chance to win- my family would love this.
What beautiful toys!
Beautifully simple! Love this!
Love the colors and creative figures.
A number of things I like about these toys, the ideas of fairies and mushrooms are not uncommon but your spin on the 2 is quite unique. I love the idea of a pull toy that isn't a common animal like dog or a duck. I'm very fond of the bright colors used and also that they're nicer than my handmade toys! Could really use some farm animals for our new barn!!!
I love that they have items I haven't seen anywhere else. Beutiful colours and shapes to spark the imagination!
liked on facebook!
added armadillo dreams to my favourites on etsy.
Love the creativity! I have them as a fav shop of mine on Etsy-- great stuff!
Thank you to Donni, Dustin, and Amanda for this wonderful opportunity. I reaaly enjoyed this post, it is great to hear about the artist and work that goes into making these handmade toys. I hope that more and more people will see how important it is to support local family business. Thank you again. I of course will like you on facebook.
I Liked you in facebook
You've my fav on etsy
When I was growing up we had two wood puzzles. One easy one of the United States and the back of each piece was the capital. The second was a fish and it was more complicated. I love when I find wood puzzles that are well made and won't fall apart. Your toys remind me of the puzzles and are beautiful
My favorite is the dragon, I first saw it on Hearting Handmade (http://www.heartinghandmade.com), where she puts together a weekly blog of other sites giveaways.
My favorite is the dragon, I first saw it on Heating Homemade (http://www.heartinghandmade.com) where she puts together a weekly blog of other site's giveaways.
I "liked" you on facebook!
I pinned the caterpillar - this is fun! :)
I liked Armadillo Dreams on Etsy.
Tweeted about the giveaway! :D
I love these toys! The fairies, the mermaids, the lovely woodland and sea creatures....I can already imagine how easily these would be integrated into my girls' imaginary play. Just beautiful!
I liked Armadillo Dreams on Facebook
I liked Armadillo Dreams on Etsy
I love the wooden toys Armadillo Dreams creates. They look heirloom quality and can be decorative pieces long after a child has outgrown playing with them.
Not only am I a fan of Armadillo Dreams on Facebook, its also one of my favorite shops on etsy.com. The wooden toys are heirloom quality and can be used as decorative pieces once a child has out-grown playing with them.
I Pinned this giveaway on Pineterest!
How clever! I love the bright colors and how sturdy everything is.
Devin
dbwais at gmail dot com
I like that the toys the Dustin and his wife make are hand painted and non-toxic. I also love that they are open ended toys that invoke imagination.
I like Armadillo Dreams on Facebook!
Armadillo Dreams is a favorite of mine on Etsy!
I bought the Red Riding Hood and wolf set from them for my niece for Christmas, and she absolutely LOVED them. She decided that the wolf was a horse, and we just went with it. :)
I loved toys like this as a child, and it was such a wonderful experience watching her fall in love with something so simple.
After getting rid of all our plastic toys many years ago, and replacing them with wood I would never dream of going back. Not only are wood toys endlessly magical in play, but they become incredible heirlooms. Armadillo's toys show just that, the beauty and workmanship that give free endless imaginary play light, through the warmth of the materials and beauty of the use of colors and craftsmanship that lead to endless stories and creative play.
I like Armadillo's Toys because they allow children (and adults) to use their imaginations and build their own stories.
Post a Comment