Valentine's Day Crafts

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Rainbow of Leaves.

Aren't the leaves just amazing in Fall? They are ablaze! A way to bring a child into connectedness with nature is to help her become aware of the changing of the seasons... to show her that nature is an ever-changing cycle that always comes back to the beginning. It gives a child confidence to know that things can change but still stay the same, like her changing body... she is growing, getting taller, loosing her teeth but she is still the same inside.

K and I made it our Fall challenge today to find all the colors of the rainbow in leaves. We set out in search of fallen leaves, a bit skeptical that we could succeed.

Here is RED.

Orange.

Yellow.

Green.

Blue.


Purple!

On our walk, I asked her what color a leaf is. She immediately answered... 'Green!' Then she thought for a moment and changed her answer to... 'all the colors of the rainbow!'

Blessings and magic.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

The blue surprised me! :)
How beautiful.

Amanda said...

Nice work! Very pretty! I love the idea of looking for rainbows.

Lovey said...

There is a yard down the street who's trees are a perfect rainbow this year. It is breathtaking!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I am obsessed with the fall leaves:) They seem prettier than ever this year.

Anna said...

I wouldn't have though the blue possible. What a nice activity and a way to make her rethink what she thought she knew.

Lisa said...

Good finds on the blue and purple! Super rainbow leaf hunters you are.

lisa

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful leaves - lovely representatives of the rainbow. :) Theresa

Simple Mama said...

We love rainbows here too. The autumn leaves have taken on a whole new dimension for me this year now that I'm viewing them through the eyes of my son.

maltagirl said...

simply gorgeous! what an inspiration!

Tammie Lee said...

ah, this is a fun challenge. Amazing how many colors there are at once.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Etsy Shop