This is when I have to admit that we have been real old fogys for the past few years... we haven't even made an effort to see in the new year... we have put our kids to bed at their regular hour, watched some TV and then gone to bed ourselves, grumbling at the sounds of revelry coming from our neighbors party, very thankful that we are mature enough to know that we don't have to stay up all night just because it is the eve of a new year. Well, not this year, baby! This year we are going to make it to the first hours of 2010! Whoo Hooooo!
It is my friend who is hosting the New Years Eve party. I thought it would be lovely if we could give her a little something special for enticing us out from under our rock. So, it being a party where the Champagne will flow, K and I made her a set of Champagne glass charms.
We used Sculpey to make them. This is all we needed...
Colorful Scupley
Thin, bendable wire, cut into a bout 6 inch pieces
K and I got to work making tiny little charms with the Sculpey...
We made a heart, a toadstool, a rose, a pumpkin, a sun and a strawberry...
Our collaborative toadstool is my favorite...
When our charms were done, we used the wire to make small holes through each charm...
We then baked them in the oven at 360 *F (180 *C) for 15 minutes and let them cool.
We threaded a piece of wire through each hardened charm. Twisted it to secure it...
We left the two ends of the wire loose to twist around the wine glass but you can get little clasps from a craft store for that 'more professional' finish.
And Voila! Champagne Glass Charms... too sweet, don't you think. Only problem is that now I want to keep them for myself!
Blessings and magic.
7 comments:
Niiice!!
I love this idea! It's brilliant. Too bad the host this year is me! :) I'd love to make them for my hostess!
We always stay home, too. But this year we're playing. I'm not so sure that we'll make it to midnight, as the party is beginning at about 4pm for some nighttime sledding, fireside sitting, and soups... but we'll sure try!
Happy New Year to you!!
We always stay up, but haven't done anything special in years. This year we are having a few family friends over. Lots of yummy food, some decadent drinks and a fire for the grown-ups. Yummy food, sparkling grape juice and an entire basement full of toys for the kids. Who hopefully will all go to sleep in sleeping bags upstairs in the kids' rooms well before midnight.
You got me with that toadstool! I do believe that's the cutest and best functioning one I've ever seen (lol)! No NYE plans here. Maybe a movie just before midnight so we're forced to stay up until the new year! ;-)
Very cute wine charms! Now I want to go buy some Sculptey and try it myself.
Oh just adorable...always an inspiration! Love that shroom and such a great hostess gift idea! I might have to pull out the clay, my girls would love this.
Jamie :)
I love these they are really cute! I think I might whip some up to keep on hand for the next "wine tasting"
Very cute and fun idea. My girls would love that project.
Post a Comment