Valentine's Day Crafts

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Images from Africa.


Heritage Roses from the garden.


Races on the lawn.


Kitty's beloved goats.


Beautiful Jacaranda and Bougainvillea .


A herd of goats on the main street of town.


Drawing with Granny


Laundry drying in the African sun.


Bedford Town.


Granny collecting groceries in a wheelbarrow.


Washing hanging from the windows.


Kitty and her duckling.


Waiting in line to pay Grampa's electricity.


Teddy riding Zara.


Barbed wire.


Eating peaches from the tree with cousin, Fin.


Beautiful rain to end a three year drought.


The town hair salon.


Puddles.


A tree in the wall.


Kitty swinging.

15 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

D- your photos are beautiful- I have been to SA twice and fell in love- My husband and monkeys have yet to visit so it's on our list!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Stunning photos- Have been to Kenya (one of may favorite experiences), Tanzania, and Senegal but never SA (hubby has been). It is definitely on our to do list. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Kerri

Emily@theNest said...

Wow, we are snowed in here in Ireland- hard to remember what warmth and sun feels like!!!!!!!!

The Rusty Teapot said...

I really enjoyed looking at these photos!thanks for posting them!

anna said...

Such beautiful photos! I feel almost as though I've been away myself, looking through them all!

Dawn said...

South Africa looks like such a beautiful country! I love seeing your photos.

LadyD Piano said...

Lovely warm and bright photos of a charming family in beautiful surroundings, thanks!

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos..love the contrast of the jacaranda and the boganvilea. My mum had a huge jacaranda i used to swing in as a child but dosnt like the boganvileas thorns!

Leslie said...

Yes South Africa is a beautiful country...I miss home so much,,hope you have a wonderful warm South African Christmas and a braai or two...

Amanda Pedro said...

nice to see what's happening on the other side of the world. Are you at peace as much as the photos give?
enjoy, enjoy!

Kelly said...

All I can say is ..sigh....wonderful..

Shanda said...

Those were wonderful, thanks for sharing. My favorite is the tree in the wall, but then again, I love trees!

nunu said...

i so enjoyed this photo collection. especially the children and the animals all around. kitty and her duckling? too cute for words. i can only imagine how hard it is for you to live so far away from dear granny and this magical world you grew up in. wow...

Jenny said...

Everything is beautiful! I love Kitty's little duckling!

Jeanene Tremoulet said...

So lovely,, I miss it all. The photos of the girls with the goats are adorable..the little duckling - and of course granny collecting groceries in a wheelbarrow.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Etsy Shop