Valentine's Day Crafts

Monday, July 23, 2012

Play is a Child's Work

Here is Kitty, hard at work... playing, creating. Sculpy is her new toy. She makes these tiny little figures, talking up a whole, amazingly complex, scenario as she creates.


The girl with the birthday cake.


The camp-fire.


The cook, cutting bread with a knife.


The curly haired princess looking at herself in the mirror.

Each color is carefully selected from the jumble in her box.


As she sits on the little footstool and fills the plank with life.
 

 It's a privilege to watch her work/create/play!

Blessings and magic,
Donni

8 comments:

KaPaworld said...

I love that quote of yours....Play is a child's work!!!

lisbonlioness said...

I'm totally gobsmacked- those are PERFECT! Your daughter is very, very talented, if you hadn't told me they are her creations, I would have assumed that an adult with some sort of training in arts and crafts made them. Whow!

Ross Mountney said...

How beautiful are these models! I used to love to watch mine create too when they were home educated - all grown up now but my 18yr old had the Fimo out again the other day. I was in heaven to see it! I think their creating days stay with them forever. Best wishes. x

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Lynn said...

a true artist...beautiful work! thanks for the glimpse.

Angela said...

That's something I would have loved doing as a child! So fun!:)

Unknown said...

What awesome little creations! Your daughter is very talented!

dionne said...

Those are amazing and so small. What an imaginative and delicate handed daughter you have :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Etsy Shop